Last updated: December 31, 2015
Information CollectedInformation you provide
We collect information from you when you apply for or use your MoneyPod account, when you communicate with us, or when you access or use the Site. The personal information we may collect includes:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your social security number
- Your bank account information
- Your email address
- Your phone numbers
- Your date of birth
- Your username and password(s)
- Your location
- Financial account information for payments, deposits or loads
- Information from a check you use for remote deposit
- Information about your transactions
- Any other information you choose to provide
Information we collect automatically
We may collect information about your use of our Site, such as access time, pages viewed, pages you visited before accessing our Site, and your activity while using our Site.
We may collect information when you access our Site, using tracking technologies such as web server login mechanisms, cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type and version, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and mobile network information.
We may combine information we already have about you with the information we automatically collect.
We may collect location information from your mobile device with your consent. Location information allows us to provide certain information or services that you request (such as ATM locations), and helps us to monitor for fraudulent activity.
Information we collect from other sources
When you apply for a MoneyPod account, we may collect information about you from a third party service provider to verify your identity or for fraud prevention purposes.
We may collect information about you from other sources that you use to connect with us, such as social networks. If you connect with us on a third party social network (e.g. “like” us or “follow” us), we may have access to information about you from that social network. You are responsible for the information you choose to provide on those other sources.
Use of Information
We may use information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Security, authentication and fraud prevention;
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site;
- Process transactions and communicate with you about transactions, such as sending confirmations or alerts;
- Send you notices or updates related to our Site or your MoneyPod account;
- Respond to your questions or requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, newsletters, information, advertisements, promotions, rewards;
- Provide you with personalized content, offers and advertisements on our Service, other websites or mobile applications, or by email;
- Administer contests, promotions or rewards;
- Track and analyze activities and usage related to our Site;
- Protect the security or integrity of our Site and manage our networks;
- For any purpose for which the information was collected.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- With third parties who provide functions on our behalf (“Service Providers”) related to our Site or your MoneyPod account, including the financial institution identified in your cardholder agreement as the issuer of your MoneyPod account. We share your information with Service Providers as is necessary for them to perform their business functions or to support everyday business purposes, but we do not allow them to use your information for any other purpose.
- With nonaffiliated third parties for everyday business purposes, including for processing transactions, maintaining your MoneyPod account, if we think there has been a violation of our agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of MoneyPod or the rights of others;
- With another MoneyPod user if you contact us through a referral link. The other MoneyPod user who referred you may receive information that you have enrolled in MoneyPod;
- To respond to a legal, regulatory or law enforcement request, or as required or permitted by law;
- At your direction or request, if we tell you how the information you provide will be disclosed and then you provide such information.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties.
We may disclose your information in connection with any merger or acquisition of MoneyPod, any sale of MoneyPod’s assets, or any financing of our business. If any assets are sold or transferred, the related information we collected from you or about you may be sold or transferred to the new entity.
Access to your information and Your Choices
Access to your information
To keep your MoneyPod account information accurate and complete, you can edit your MoneyPod user profile information by logging in to your MoneyPod account. If you close your MoneyPod account or delete or deactivate the MoneyPod mobile application, we may retain your information to comply with law or for legitimate business purposes. To close your MoneyPod account, call the telephone number on the back of your MoneyPod card.
Choices for promotional offers
If you do not want to receive offers or promotions via mail or a telephone call from MoneyPod, send us a message by using the “Contact Us” feature on the Site or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not want to receive offers or promotions via email or text message from MoneyPod, follow the opt out instructions in those messages.
If you opt out of receiving offers or promotions, you will still receive transactional or relationship messages from MoneyPod, such as communications about your account.
Choices for cookies
Your browser should have instructions on how to manage cookies. If you choose, you may set your browser to allow or block cookies. If you choose to block cookies, this could affect the functionality or availability of our Site.
Choices for social sharing service
Our Do Not Track Policy
Third party websitesOur Site may include links to third party websites or mobile applications, which may have privacy policies that are different from ours. We are not responsible for practices of other sites.
Protection of your personal informationWe maintain technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. We use industry standard methods to help ensure the integrity and security of our systems, but no website or system is completely secure.
Protection of children’s personal informationWe do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
P.O. Box 60621
Palo Alto, CA 94306